23 March 2014

Tour In Belfast Northern Ireland

Just want to record my first trip abroad here!!!

Day 1: 20th March
A long distance flight from Shanghai to London--about 13 hours which including that 15 min hovering upon the city London due to heavy traffic jam at the Heathrow airport!!!

Gotten a window-seat with two vacant seats besides, I followed those in the back rows by taking the three seats as a coach which can be found in the first-class carriage!!!

There were many "Chinese Dama"--those women at their fifties and sixties who are sufferring menopause on this plane as well!!! But they showed their enomous energy through endless talking or gossiping,  especially during the later leg of the flight in which others, including the crew, got fatigued!!!

The view outside the window was maganificent!!! Through the window which had sowflakes fronzen on it, I enjoyed the view of the sea of cloud and I SAW the wind!!!

At a shoppingmall at Heathrow airport, I submerged myself into my favourite London tone!!!
 It's allready midnight when I arrived at Belfast!!! After harsh check-in, I got myself hit the bed immediently!!!

Day 2: 21st March
Woke up early in the morning, I found myself still a little bit dizzy due to the jetleg!!! So I spent the rest of the day resting in bed!!! But my biotic clock hadn't adjusted itself to the local time, because I woke at midnight(which is 8 or 9 o'clock in the morning in shanghai) and couldn't fall in sleep any more!!!

Day 3: 22ed March:
Been suggested by the boss of this hostel who is from Zimbabuway, I got on my tour of the countryside or the coastline of Belfast!!! 

This is the stature in front of the castle built in 1800s







Our coachdriver has a heavy Irish tone which was greek to me when I didn't pay attention to his utterence!!! It's a little bit mixture of Russian and African, I think!!!

Anyway, we did tour some castles(I touched those acient storns!!!), drive along the coastline of Belfast, enjoy the view of typical English or Irish or Scotish countryside--vast green prairie dotted by sheepherd chewing glass under the grey skyline!!! Really beautiful view^^

The ruins of a castle


There is a watermill in front of the house!!!


The cliff formed in Ice Age!!!


View of the countryside

As what our coachdriver said ab90o90ut the weather of Belfast or Irelnd--"You can have four seasons in one day!!!", we experienced a hailing(not raining  but raelly hailing!!!) when we near the end of the tour in the Rope Bridge area!!! I did cross that bridge though having no guts taking photos when I was on the bridge!!! One moment you were under the sunshine, the next you were hit by the hailing!!! But I did enjoy the flash ocean air, the sound of steps on the grinds, the closeup with the seagulls--almost touched them when they hovering above my head!!!



You can spot the seagull here


Then we were taken to a town famous for its whiskey distillment--the triple distilled whiskey and had traditional irish stew there!!!

















1 comment:

  1. Nice article with beautiful pictures, a trip to Northern Ireland wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Belfast, perhaps one of the greatest cities in Northern Ireland.

    ReplyDelete